Sunday 25 March 2012

FETISH

Through my word research, I've decided to choose fetish as my final word to use for this brief. I've chosen it because I like the depth of meaning to the word, in regards to it's definition of an object with awe or a devotion.

For my contextual studies, I'm writing an essay on Urban Exploring and similar artistic mediums within it. A lot of ideals within urban exploring and the reasons behind it can very easily be found under the terms defined within fetish, and fetishism. There's a level of awe within the activity, finding these buildings, once so majestic, now crumbling away but still holding many beautiful features. The devotion it takes to be an urban explorer, risking their health, criminal records and lives in some cases.

Within this subject, and within these two modules, I hope to bring the graphic design element of this labour of love into the analysis aspect of the essay, through brand identity design and the research behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment