Thursday 24 May 2012

Movie Poster Design




The above posters are all from my poster campaign for Spatial Awareness, my fictional urban exploration documentary. 

I've purposely given them all different 'feelings' to them to experiment with different designs and how that works as an advertising medium and as an effective poster design. To begin with, the first poster is something that I wanted to concentrate on design with, have a play around with type and shape and see how that changed the dynamic of the images and whether it made the poster at all more appealing. This is probably my least favourite poster, however I'm still pleased with my final result.

My second poster is based more on 'blockbuster' movie poster, where there's a logo and a tagline. I however, didn't want to lose the essence of the image I used so integrated my text into the shapes and lines of the image. I'm not massively keen on this poster either, but again, I'm still pleased with the result of my experimentation with it.

The final and third poster is without doubt my favourite. I wanted to keep things ultra simple, but again use the image with the text. I kept everything to basic minimum (with credits from another film poster at the bottom, along with the date) and used the shapes from the image itself to position the title in the most appropriate place. I think this one works the best and would probably be the one that I would use the most in a poster campaign, however, if it was a movie company, I imagine they'd probably go for the second. I think the final poster expresses more about the movie than the others and really shows it for what it is - as a raw, truthful, no gimmicks urban exploration documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment