Sunday 20 May 2012

Relevant Guerilla Marketing Ideas


This one is a good example of how I could use guerilla marketing for my movie. By using different parts of urban environment, I can change them slightly so they represent aspects of urban exploration. For example, I could do similar to the above, but have a ladder leading into the unknown. Along with a caption of something like 'Do you want to explore?' and the logo, I think this could work well.



This piece of guerilla marketing reminded me of when the infiltration teams in Crack the Surface began exploring the subway and undergrounds. By taking over a whole corridor of the subway with a large poster that represents what it's like to be in the subway tunnels themselves (for example, a large image of a subway train zooming by) could be one way of grabbing the attention of the general public.


I really like this piece of marketing. I think it's a great way of combining consumerism with nature, which is a interesting political aspect of urban exploration. A way in which I could adapt this for my project could be to take elements of urban decay and package them, or for a similar twist - to sell photographic prints of urban exploration images in a similar fashion to that of more popular media images.


A wanted poster is another good way of advertising my film, but with a twist. I'd design a wanted poster that isn't for crimes, but rather the opposite. I had an idea of using the fact that many urban explorers are said to have committed a crime against anti-terrorism when entering certain buildings - so having a wanted poster for an urban explorer for NOT being a terrorist could be a way of spreading some hype for the film.


This is an interesting piece of guerilla advertising for BBC World. To have the poster crossing over a corner of a building creates two sides - allowing for two images to be represented. I think this could also be a good way to do a spin off version for my film - since the misconceptions of urban explorers being criminals tends to happen a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment